|Friends of the Pacific Beach Library|
|Introduction & Mission|
The Friends of the Pacific Beach Library, an all-volunteer and non-profit organization, exists to support the operation of the Pacific Beach/Taylor Branch Library. The PB Friends provide ongoing financial support with funds generated through book sales and other fundraising activities. The PB Friends underwrite children’s programs, concerts and community events on behalf of the library and liaise with other library and community groups. In a time of governmental budget cutbacks, Friends support is essential to maintaining the levels of service the community needs and expects from its library. Contributions are channeled through the San Diego Library Foundation to the Library’s Matching Book, Equipment and Program Funds, where the City of San Diego matches the amounts donated.
• Friends generate funds by means of Book Sales, Silent Book Auctions, and White Elephant Sales
• Friends contributions enhance the collection of books, audio and video tapes, and DVDs
• Friends contributions purchase equipment and supplies that the library budget does not provide
• Friends support monthly children’s programs and the Summer Reading Program
• Friends arrange for monthly music programs
• Friends run a Rental Book program providing popular bestsellers for a low fee
• Friends reach out to the community through programs such as Beach Reads, and events such as Beach Fest
• Friends arrange volunteer and staff appreciation events and special library events, such as the Library’s Anniversary Celebration
• All financial support by the Friends are designed to encourage use of the library, to encourage young people to read, and to enhance and maintain the Pacific Beach Library
Chartered under the auspices of the Friends of the San Diego Public Library, the Friends of the Pacific Beach Library is an official §501(c)(3) non-profit, educational organization. Contributions are tax-deductible as permitted under that designation.
|© 2008-2010 Friends of the Pacific Beach Library. All rights reserved.||http://www.PBlibraryfriends.org/friends.htm|